It’s so easy to side line breakfast as a busy family with two tots, but it’s by far our favourite meal of the day! Here’s our how to breakfast recipe for Salmon.
(To serve 2)
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 a 500g bag of Rocket
- 6 mushrooms
- Uncooked, Smoked Salmon (As much or as little as you like)
- 2 Organic, Free range Eggs (They really do taste so much better!)
- Balsamic (To dress)
- Salt & Pepper
- Prep your plates by washing two handfuls of the rocket and making a single pile on each plate
- Dice up the tomato and scatter on top
- Pre-heat your pan and slice your mushrooms ready to fry
- Once your mushrooms have started to crisp on one side, flip them over with a spatula, season them with salt and pepper and push them to the side of the pan
- Turn down the heat of the pan to as low as it will go. Take two pieces of your uncooked, smoked salmon (they shouldn’t be more than a cm thick) and place in the pan; 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Take the salmon out of the pan and allow it to rest on a chopping board
- Layer the mushrooms on top of your rocket and tomato
- Fry your eggs. Eggs are quite a personal food as everyone likes them done differently. I always use extra virgin olive oil, fry on a high heat and continue to ladle the oil over the eggs (with a spoon) until they are to the consistency desired.
- Dress your salad and mushrooms with some balsamic vinegar
- Place the salmon on top of the salad and mushrooms
- Place the egg on top of your salmon
- To go vegan take out the salmon and egg and instead add strawberries and pine nuts. May sound mad but the pine nuts will give the salad a rich creaminess and the strawberries will bring out the flavour of the balsamic.
- Today we had a blow out and added butter and Tiger bread on the side however, we’ve recently discovered a really nice gluten free seeded brown bread which also makes the perfect replacement.