There’s nothing worse than being Gluten free on gorge days! Especially this time of year. When most of us, (I mean me)! When most of us are still sat in our Bridget pants, just not quite ready to quit the comfort food. So, unless you’re just going to shut down the internet and bury your head until after Easter, here’s our Shrove Tuesday offerings. Gluten free Blueberry pancakes.
(To serve 4-6)
- 135g gluten free flour
- 135ml milk (of your choice-we used almond)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 2 75g bars of Free’ist white chocolate (stocked at Holland & Barrett
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl
- Slowly mix in the milk, then egg and finally the oil until you have a nice thick but pourable batter
- Add the blueberries and mix again
- Leave the mix to stand for a few minutes
- Heat a large frying pan until just before the oil starts to spit
- Use a ladle to pour in the mix, 1 ladle = 1 pancake
- Once you’ve stacked your pancakes
- Put a small pan filled 1/3 of the way with water on the hob to boil
- Once boiled reduce the heat right down and place a bowl inside the water, make sure the bowl is no more than half way submerged.
- Use this as a bain-marie, break up your chocolate into small pieces and place in the bowl
- Mix the chocolate until completely melted
- Take the bowl out of the pan and pour the melted chocolate over your pancakes
- Chop up some bananas and strawberries and scatter over the top
- Not gluten free then follow the same recipe using whatever gluten packed ingredients you fancy
- Want more ideas head over to our Pancake Porn board on Pinterest
Why not mix it up? Pancakes are so versatile. Take out the blueberries and make a pancake lasagne. Nothing says “I’m eating my feelings tonight” like two courses of crepes!
All the noms,
Remember we can bear it if you don’t share it! Use the hashtag #booBerrit to show us how you ate yours.