The best part about this rich, tummy hugging meal is that it involves no dishes as it is cooked and served in a parchment parcel. A technique that may just change the way you cook all future family meals!
Ingredients: (For one portion)
- 350grm lamb shoulder diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Thyme (optional)
- Bay leaves (optional)
- Peanuts (avoid in case of allergies)
- 1 tbp Butter
- 150 grm Stilton
- Olive oil
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the Stilton and butter) in a bowl
- Season accordingly
- Now lets start folding. Cut a rectangular piece of baking paper big enough to support all the mixed ingredients. Put the mixed ingredients at the centre of the paper, spread some butter and fold it as you would wrap a parcel; first in the middle and then at the ends
- Cut another piece of baking paper same as the first one and place the first in the middle of the new one, fold again
- Repeat one more time just to be sure the meat is proprely sealed and so that no juices can leak out
- Place the wrap on a tray and cook for 2hrs at 180C
- Just before the very end, slice the wrap in the middle and add the Stilton and butter allowing them to melt in the oven
An ideal solution for any group gathering. If you are expecting lots of guests over for Easter or are worried about extra people coming over unannounced, this is the perfect solution. Serve as individual portions or tear and share as part of a lavish, rustic, table spread, perfect for any Easter feast.
Until next time: Happy Easter to all or as we say in Greece:(Καλό Πάσχα σε όλους) Kalo Pasxa se olous!